Tuesday, October 12, 2010

up date on petition (see petition below)

Dear Friends;

I want to bring you up to date. First, let me thank all who signed the petition especially those who made a special effort to come to my house Monday am. Over the course mainly on Monday we ended up with 56 signatures on our petition.. That document is on its way to Irwin Cotler MP who will table it in Parliament, along with another MP, I'm told. This will not happen until the week of October 25 , because Parliament is off next week (a really tough job there) and Irwin will be in Europe the following week. I will let you know when it comes to pass.

Meanwhile I will check with Howard Liebman, Irwin's assistant, if we should hold off writing our individual letters accompanied by the petition until after it is tabled. I'll let you know what he says.

Now, we are ready for another project. I wonder if one or more of you would undertake arranging a meeting with the Canadian Red Cross, for the purpose of urging that organization to a) find out what the international Red Cross has actually done, and b) to urge the Canadian RC to put pressure on the IRC on behalf of the isolated Gilad Shalit. I' m looking for volunteers for this new undertaking.

All the best, lehitra'ot (I just had a Hebrew lesson),

Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment